Jul 17, 2018
This week on Office Hours, TK and Isaac discuss, doing
something vs. being something, following career values when you've
got lots of options, and knowing when to stick it out in a hard job
vs. quitting and moving on.
- My career values are to be challenged and to make a positive
impact. How is it possible to get clarity and direction, when those
values can be met by paths in hundreds of fields.
- I'm currently working in Outback Australia as a kitchen cook
at a resort. I have a couple months left on my contract, but am not
enjoying my work. It is very stressful and I feel detached from my
coworkers. I took this job to extend my visa, and have already met
that requirement. Should I stay or go?
- Revisiting the life coaching question from last week. Is it
really that bad to pursue a life coaching career?
- If you want to do something as a career, just start doing
the thing for free.
- What does it mean to have a positive impact in your
- Works vs. doesn't work instead of right vs.
- Don't confuse options with possibilities
- What does it mean to not do stuff you hate?
- Results vs. processes
Praxis is a twelve-month program that places young people with
startups to apprentice, learn, grow, and walk away with valuable
Learn more at http://discoverpraxis.com/
Apply now at https://www.discoverpraxis.com/apply